Trial Licence Agreement
We recommend that the Licensee prints this Trial Licence Agreement for further reference.
This Schriftlabor Trial Licence Agreement becomes a binding contract between the Licensee and Schriftlabor when the Licensee commences a Trial Font Software download, or if the Licensee is acquiring Trial Font Software on a permanent medium, when the Licensee opens the package in which the software is contained. If the Licensee does not wish to be bound by the Trial Licence Agreement, the Licensee cannot access, use or download the Trial Font Software. Please read all of the Trial Licence Agreement before agreeing to be bound by its terms and conditions.
The Licensee hereby agrees to the following:
1. The Licensee is bound by the Trial Licence Agreement and acknowledges that all Use (as de ned herein) of the Trial Font Software (as defined herein) supplied by Schriftlabor is governed by the Trial Licence Agreement.
2. “Schriftlabor” shall mean MMag. Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer, his successors and assignees, his parent and affiliated corporations, his authorized distributors, and any third party which has licensed to Schriftlabor any or all of the components of the Trial Font Software supplied to the Licensee.
3. “Licensee” shall mean the individual, company, corporation, or other organization subject to this Trial Licence Agreement due to their access or Use of Schriftlabor Trial Font Software.
4. “Trial Font Software” shall mean the software provided by Schriftlabor which, when used on an appropriate Device or Devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Trial Font Software shall include all bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Trial Font Software. Trial Font Software includes upgrades, updates, related files, permitted copies, permitted conversions, and related documentation.
5. “Device” shall mean a hardware, software, or rmware component to which an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise), regardless of the locations of the individual, the Device, or the Trial Font Software.
6. “Use” of the Trial Font Software shall be deemed to occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) to a Device on which the Trial Font Software is installed, regardless of the locations of the individual, the Device, or the Trial Font Software.
7. “User” shall mean an individual giving commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) to a Device on which the Trial Font Software is installed, regardless of the locations of the individual, the Device, or the Trial Font Software. Users do not need to be members of the Licensee’s organization or household, and may be members of the public.
8. “Derivative Work” shall mean data based upon or derived from the Trial Font Software, or any portion of the Trial Font Software, in any form in which such data may be recast, transformed, or adapted, including, but not limited to, data in any format into which Trial Font Software may be converted.
9. The Licensee is hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable licence to Use the Trial Font Software subject to all of the terms and conditions of the Trial Licence Agreement. The Licensee has no rights to the Trial Font Software other than as expressly set forth in the Trial Licence Agreement. Licensee agrees that Schriftlabor and/or its suppliers owns all right, title and interest in and to the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files, including all property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademark rights. The Licensee agrees that the Trial Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of Schriftlabor and that any intentional Use of the Trial Font Software not expressly permitted by the Trial Licence Agreement constitutes infringement of copyright. All rights not expressly granted in the Trial Licence Agreement are expressly reserved to Schriftlabor.
10. The Licensee may install the Trial Font Software on five (5) Devices which are under the ownership or exclusive control of the Licensee, or of the Licensee’s direct employees. The Licensee shall ensure that there are never more than five (5) simultaneous Users of Devices on which the Trial Font Software is installed. The Licensee must take all reasonable steps to ensure that it retains exclusive custody and control over all copies of the Trial Font Software. The Licensee must not transfer the ownership of the Device on which the Trial Font Software is installed. Upon termination of the Trial Licence Agreement, the Licensee must destroy all copies of the Trial Font Software.
11. The Licensee may Use the Trial Font Software to create any number of documents, designs, presentations, or other such works for academic, speculative, or pitching purposes only. The sale, duplication, publication, distribution, broadcast, performance, or non-academic exhibition of any work created using the Trial Font Software shall be a breach of this Licence Agreement.
12. The Licensee may not alter Trial Font Software for the purpose of adding any functionality which such Font Software did not have when delivered to the Licensee by Schriftlabor. If the Trial Font Software contains embedding bits that limit the capabilities of the Trial Font Software, the Licensee may not change or alter the embedding bits.
13. The Licensee acknowledges that the typeface design and Trial Font Software are protected by the copyright, design, and other intellectual property laws of Austria, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties. The Licensee agrees to treat the Trial Font Software as the Licensee would any other copyrighted material, such as a book. The Licensee may not copy the Trial Font Software, except as expressly provided herein. Any copies that the Licensee is expressly permitted to make pursuant to the Trial Licence Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Trial Font Software. The Licensee shall not produce Derivative Works of this Trial Font Software except for document embedding and permitted conversions as expressly set out in this Agreement. The Licensee is permitted to reverse engineer the Trial Font Software in order to produce any compatible software product, provided that such a product is not a Derivative Work of the Trial Font Software. The Licensee agrees to use trademarks associated with the Trial Font Software according to accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name. Trademarks can only be used to identify printed output produced by the Trial Font Software. The use of any trademark as herein authorized does not give the Licensee any rights of ownership in that trademark and all use of any trademark shall inure to the sole benefit of Schriftlabor. The Licensee may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Trial Font Software.
14. The Licensee may not rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Trial Font Software, or any copy thereof.
15. Schriftlabor makes no warranty, express or implied, that this Trial Font Software is suitable for any specific purpose. Schriftlabor will not provide any technical support.
16. Schriftlabor, or its appointed auditor, is entitled to inspect and have access to any premises, and to any Devices, owned or operated by Licensee, at or on which this Trial Font Software is kept or Used, for the purposes of ensuring that the Licensee is complying with the terms of this Licence. The Licensee’s business information shall remain strictly confidential by Schriftlabor and their auditor, who shall be granted access to all the necessary documents to verify compliance with this and any other agreement with Schriftlabor. The inspection shall take place within the Licensee’s usual business hours and after reasonable written notice. Schriftlabor shall bear the costs of the inspection. However, if, in the course of the inspection, deviations to the detriment of Schriftlabor are discovered, the Licensee shall bear the costs of the audit.
17. This Trial Licence Agreement will be governed by the laws of Austria.
18. The Trial Licence Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by the Licensee (or any authorized person or member of the Licensee’s immediate household to whom the Licensee has given permission to Use the Trial Font Software) to comply with its terms. The termination of the Trial Licence Agreement shall not preclude Schriftlabor from suing the Licensee for damages of any breach of the Trial Licence Agreement. The Trial Licence Agreement may only be modi ed in writing signed by an authorized officer of Schriftlabor.
19. The Licensee has the rights expressly set forth in the Trial Licence Agreement and no other. All rights in and to the Font Software, including unpublished rights, are reserved under the copyright laws of Austria and other jurisdictions. All rights reserved. The Trial Licence Agreement may be enforced by Schriftlabor or by an authorized dealer acting on behalf of Schriftlabor.